Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 8 of 40 - Home Alone!

My belated anniversary gift: a whole day to myself! My husband took the children out early this morning and brought them home just in time for supper. I spent the day doing a little cleaning and laundry, but mostly relaxing. I love that Francis does this for me as often as he can. I know full well that those three children can be exhausting to handle solo for an entire day! But he does it cheerfully because A) he loves me and he knows I need a break from time to time and B) he truly loves his kids and enjoys spending time with them, even when they're nuts. :)

Elena, some links for you: Snackballs in their most basic form, even better snackballs, and mayo. For the nuggets, I make a coating mixture of about a cup of almond flour, a tablespoon of coconut flour and then season it well with salt, a little pepper, garlic and onion powders and a little paprika for colour. I make my nuggets out of ground chicken (with an egg and salt mixed in), dip them in an egg wash, coat them in the "breading", and fry until brown in coconut oil over medium heat. Then I transfer them to a cookie sheet in the oven to make sure they're cooked through. They have a sweet/salty taste combination that my kids love.

Breakfast: Kale and eggs. Decaf with coconut milk.
Lunch: Leftover meatza.
Supper: Roasted chicken leg and roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
Snacks: Four medjool dates and a handful of macadamia nuts. Plus an extra cup of decaf because I was home alone and wanted to treat myself!
Energy: MUCH improved over the last two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?