Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 25 of 40 - Pooped!

My body is still sore from pushing it so hard yesterday, and then I ended up being on my feet for most of today. I know, I know, it's good for me, but my poor little flat feet and deformed toes just aren't used to it!

First I had to skip the farmer's market to wait for our freezer to be delivered. I look forward to going every week, and I was bummed to miss it! When Francis and the kids got home I unpacked the produce and dealt with as much of it as I could. Then we went for a walk, and I came home and got lunch served. Luckily, I had a great nap after lunch, because then it was right back into the kitchen! I don't know how Nicole did it. We're going on a day trip to my in-laws' new cottage tomorrow, and that on top of my usual food prep seemed to take me forever!

I made granola bars for the kids, two varieties of snack balls (almonds, raisins and cinnamon rolled in coconut for the kids, and dates with macadamias, coconut and cinnamon rolled in MORE cinnamon for us), a batch of Apple Spice Zucchini Breakfast cake in mini loaf pans, sliced up a 10lb cabbage for the freezer, made a tomato salad, baked the chicken and roasted the cauliflower for supper. I guess it wasn't really that much, but my aching body just wanted to SIT so it seemed like way more! And of course there's still much more to be done before I can retire for the evening. We do actually need to eat meals tomorrow.

Breakfast: The usual.
Lunch: Half a chicken breast and a giant bowl of coconut curry cabbage.
Supper: Two baked chicken breasts (with BBQ sauce for dipping), cherry tomatoes (red, orange and yellow!) tossed with EVOO, garlic and fresh basil, roasted purple cauliflower.
Snacks: One of the mini loaves. Quality control check, you know. An extra cup of tea before bed.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say...I freakin' hate cabbage. Except done as cabbage rolls, then I love it. Could you maybe share your coconut curry cabbage recipe? I imagine we've got lots of cabbage coming our way in the csa throughout the rest of this year and I don't want to dread it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/coconut-curry-cabbage/ I never use the garnishes, and I generally use more curry. I just keep adding it until it tastes right. :) (Oh, and I cook it for a fairly long time. I like my cabbage reeeeally cooked. When I stir it, if it seems like it's drying out a little, I add a splash of water and pop the lid back on.)

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?