Friday, June 8, 2012

*shrugs*

Did I say I was going to log all my food here? Oops. It's been a non-stop week, and I've barely had time to put the food in my mouth, let alone write down what it is!

Baby Belle got four new teeth in three days. Four teeth. In three days. She went from three to seven teeth with much wailing and gnashing of the afore-mentioned teeth.

Three straight days of play dates. Wednesday was one with a dear friend whom I don't see nearly as often as I'd like. Yesterday I babysat two of my friend's children so she could run errands with just the youngest. And today, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her three boys came to play.

This weekend I have to make a 200-serving cake for the church picnic. Next weekend I have to do two small wedding cakes. I am a little out of practice, ever since I decided I was just too busy and had to put my business on the back burner.

But in the midst of all the craziness, I got to do something really fun last night. A friend of mine - we'll call her J - is learning photography, and as part of a workshop she's taking she got several hours of time in a well-stocked photography studio. Last night she was going to take maternity photos of our friend S, and asked if I would come along as one of her assistants. Talk about FUN! I got to hold the light reflector thingy, help make suggestions for posing, even help with propping some photos.

(I won't post any of those pictures here since they are neither my work nor my image, but I'll say this: They are gorgeous. I really believe my friend has a future in the photography business!)

So as to make the most of her time in the studio, whenever S was changing outfits, myself and the other assistant would pose for some fun photos, just for added practice for J. The results were funny, but well photo-graphed!

It was really significant for me, since there aren't many photos of me from the past year. The biggest collection is from Baby Belle's baptism, at which point I weighed about 30 - 35lbs more than I do now. I've lost track of what I actually  look like now, and it's easy to forget about what I've actually accomplished in my weight-loss goals. I too often get caught up in what I'd still like to work on, and forget to celebrate having lost all my pregnancy weight plus an extra 25lbs! Seeing the photos she took helped to remind me that I've come a long way, and I'm actually looking pretty good - even while I wait to lose 10 more pounds and have my hair grow back! :)





1 comment:

  1. Oh I am just getting caught up on your postings! And then I realized I REALLY need to write something new... I have decided it will be on my weight loss journey... I know what I wanna say I just need time to write!

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?