Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 27 - Home Alone

Baby Belle was up all night. Well, not technically all night, but she was up from 9:30pm until 3am, so close enough. After only three hours of sleep I was miserable this morning. And to add insult to injury, my husband was scheduled to have a staff meeting after work, which would mean he'd be walking in the door at the same time we needed to be sitting down for supper, to make sure we could finish and get the kids in bed before the girls arrive for faith study tonight.

*phew*

I was changing Baby Belle's diaper in her room just after lunch (after a napless morning) when I heard Princess say, "Hi, Daddy!" I didn't think anything of it, because she and Music Man have been playing this game where they take turns being the baby and the parent.  Wasn't I shocked when I heard a voice respond to him?! My beloved hero came home to rescue me from my misery! Or maybe to rescue the kids from my misery... Whatever. He helped me get them ready for naps, then while they slept I slept, too!

And if that wasn't awesome enough, after they were all up from their naps he packed them into the car and drove off into the sunset city to have dinner with his parents. I got to be home alone for three whole hours. Yes sir, it was just what the doctor ordered! Feeling very refreshed now, I must say.

Breakfast - Homemade pork sausage patties with sliced tomato. Two cups of decaf (wished it were regular) with coconut milk.

Lunch - Leftovers from last night - a hamburger pattie with sauteed onions, homemade ketchup, and a side of coconut curry cabbage.

Supper - Crock pot chicken and gravy (yum!!!) and raw veggies with guacamole.

Snacks - A banana and a (rather large-ish) scoop of fresh cinnamon coconut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?