Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 26 - No More Eggs?!

Well now. It has come to my attention that in addition to the dietary changes I've already made, I should also consider giving up eggs, nuts and nightshades, to see if there's any improvement in my alopecia areata, since it falls within the category of autoimmune.

But here's the thing. Do you know what nightshades are? It's a fairly large group of foods, including tomatoes, peppers (both sweet and hot) and spices like cayenne, chilli powder, curry powder, and paprika. And nuts, while not a huge part of my diet over the last 30 days would still be challenging to give up as I've been using almond flour in many recipes (like as a binder in hamburgers). And eggs?! I've eaten eggs for breakfast just about every day since I started! Oy.

I'm going to do some more reading about this. Obviously I'd love to see improvements in my condition, but it would be frustrating to go cold turkey on all those things and not see an improvement. *sigh* For now I'll just start with cutting out eggs and go from there. Wish me luck.

Breakfast - One and a half (leftover) Italian sausages fried with kale, ghee and garlic, topped with a sliced roma tomato.

Lunch - Coconut curry cabbage and a small-ish chicken leg.

Supper - Burgers! Smothered in homemade ketchup and a pile of onions sauteed in ghee. And, because it was just so yummy, I made another batch of the coconut curry cabbage. (Francis also had fried sweet potato slices.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaclyn, what's the recipe for ketchup? I am very intrigued. And EVERY time you mention sausage, I cry just a little. So jealous of W30 sausages! Costco is carrying ground pork now, so I'll be making my own sausage patties, but not the same as the kind in a tube.

    You have done amazingly! Good luck with the egg thing, that will be a toughy.

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?