Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 24 - Mostly Kid-less

Ah, hubby and I had such a relaxing day! We dropped our kids off at his parents' house around 9:30 this morning, and took off. We bought a few new CDs from a couple of our favourite artists, a couple of Easter gifts for the kids, fabric, some decorations for their rooms, groceries from two different stores, and a new video game. We did take a little pit-stop to have lunch and a quick nap with the kids in the midst of all our shopping, but otherwise we got to hold hands and have an *uninterrupted* adult conversation! Heaven.

Oh, and I went for my second run this morning. Pretty proud that I actually got my backside out the door by 6:30am on a Saturday. Even more proud that I felt even better today that I did two days ago. My stride was definitely more even, and my over-all pace was way more consistent. I'm not planning to go again until Tuesday, because the plan is to do strength-training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (I miss my morning butt-kickings from Jillian Michaels!)

Breakfast - Three hard-boiled eggs chopped and stirred into the last bowl of curried cauliflower soup. Decaf with coconut milk.

Lunch - A chicken breast and baby bok choy stir-fry with olive oil and garlic.

Supper - Two and a half Italian sausages and broiled asparagus.

Snacks - A giant Honeycrisp apple, about 10 almonds, and half a Larabar.

So after logging my food intake into MyFitnessPal, (just out of curiosity, not because I intend to start tracking every bite I eat again), it appears that I hit my protein level perfectly (at least what Mark Sisson says my protein intake should be), but I was higher in carbs than is ideal for my current goals. I think for the remaining few days, I'll try changing that up and see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?