Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 17 - Dreaming!

Apparently it's not uncommon for people to have strange food dreams in the midst of a Whole30. They dream about "cheating" with foods, often ones that aren't even their favourites, or wouldn't even have been worth the cheat.

Last night I dreamed I'd been taken hostage and held for 24 hours with no food or drink. When my captors finally decided they should give me something to keep me alive. So what did they give me? A slice of slightly dry, room-temperature pepperoni pizza. I sat there and stared at it, thinking about how hungry I was, but realizing that if I ate it I'd have to re-start the Whole30 after being released.

Wow. My subconscious is kind of an idiot. I mean, come on! If I were going to cheat in real life, I'd have a slice of cheesecake and a glass of wine or bottle of (gluten-free) beer. Not crusty take-out pizza! Heck, I'd be more likely to grab a handful of Reese mini peanut butter cups!

I have officially informed my subconscious (or is it unconscious?) to go ahead and indulge in something truly worthwhile tonight. I expect to dream of heaps of chocolate!

Breakfast - Oooooh, it was a SWYPO day! And I don't regret it one bit, either. See, I found a recipe for these burger buns, and all the ingredients were approved, so I took the plunge. So I had a fried egg and a slice of fried prosciutto on one of those buns. Totally Paleo Egg McMuffin! :)

Lunch. SWYPOed again! Another bun, this time filled with chicken salad (made with guac instead of mayo) and sliced tomato. Then I stuffed more chicken salad and tomatoes into a lettuce wrap.

Supper - Italian sausages with sauteed onions and sweet peppers, then a big bowl of vegetable soup (but with homemade chicken stock, instead of veggie broth).

Snacks - Half a Larabar (split it with Francis as a "treat" while we were out on a shopping date), one and a half snack balls, a banana, and a spoonful of leftover chicken salad as a bedtime snack.

P.S. Shopping is fun. Shopping at thrift stores generally stresses me out. (Even shopping at Winners gets on my nerves.) But I'm learning the fine art of maneuvering around Value Village. Last time I went I scored a pair of almost-knee-high black boots for $7.50 (it was 50% off day!) and today I got a pair of brand-new-looking Aldo sneaker-things for $14! I've found that being a different size and shape has even affected how I look at shopping - it broadens the range of things I'm willing to try. No more, "I'm too chubby to pull that off". Fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?