Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 11 - Starting to Sleep

I don't want to jinx it, but the last two nights Baby Belle was only up twice during the night. This is down from 6-10 wakings per night! And since I'm not even the one dealing with her when she does wake up, I've had two consecutive nights of reasonable sleep! Sunday mornings are always busy with church and fellowship time, then our regular Skype date with family out east, but after lunch I got to spend some time working on the kids' rooms. Then after their naps they went out for a walk with Daddy-o and I got to hit those rooms hard. There is a ton of work that needs to go into re-organizing and cleaning all three bedrooms, but I was actually enjoying the work, and while working I was making a mental to-do list of all the sewing projects I'd like to tackle! My energy level just keeps getting better and better! I joked to a friend at church this morning: "Just imagine what I could accomplish if my kids could clothe, feed and entertain themselves!" But as much as the work does need to get done, I'm most happy about having more energy to devote to my three little monkeys.

Breakfast - Leftover sausages and peppers from last night tossed into some scrambled eggs with a side of roasted broccoli.

Lunch - The end of that yummy curried sweet potato soup from the other day with some cooked chicken breast tossed in.

Supper - More of those amazing sausages, served with green beans (steamed and tossed with some melted ghee and almond flour) and roasted asparagus.

Snacks - A banana topped with "cashalmond" butter.

Oh, and one more thing - I experienced my first real "craving" since starting this. I was making some granola bars for the kids (now that we're taking them off wheat, I'm weaning them off their "junk" by making homemade versions of their wheat-filled processed counterparts), and when I opened the bag of oats I swear I drooled a little. Oats! Raw oats! They smelled nutty and a little sweet and just heavenly. I almost stuck my hand in the bag for a taste (of raw, dry oats!) but I quickly came to my senses. Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?