Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And What About the Kids?

My husband and I sat down the other night to discuss what we intend to do about the "big" kids when we do our Whole30. At two-and-three-quarters and four, Princess and Music Man both have definite preferences and opinions when it comes to what they will and won't eat! (Baby Belle will happily eat whatever I eat, so that's easy!) Fortunately, they're both fairly adventurous (or at least obedient) when it comes to trying new foods. But the bottom line is: they both love wheat.

Bread, pancakes, muffins, French toast, grilled cheese sandwiches... They'd eat wheat-products three meals a day if they were allowed.

So we've decided that we don't quite have the energy to make them eat *exactly*what we're eating, but we will be using those 30 days to cut wheat out of their diets for good. Even though it's against the rules for us, I have no problem with Paleo-fying stuff for them to eat, if it will help their transition. Coconut flour will find its way into pancakes and muffins, and I may even try my hand at almond flour bread for the occasional French toast brunch.

If we notice that there are other things that really affect us, we'll look at eliminating them from the kids' diets as well. But in the mean time, I have to choose my battles wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?